Friday, November 03, 2006

He Won't Stop Spinning, So I Won't Stop Telling You About It

Just when I think I can stop writing about the house district 87 race, Martin goes over the top again. A Martin sympathizer asked me if I wasn't "picking" on Martin. Actually, I was almost protecting Martin in the sense that I had this sound file of him for almost a year, and I sat on it. In the audio he makes an emotional (to say the least) if not well-reasoned case for his vote to provide taxpayer funded scholarships to persons who are illegally in this country. He says that God led him to vote for the bill. It was a sad and scary performance.

But still I sat on it. It was not until he dishonestly claimed in this Family Council Voter Guide that he was AGAINST such scholarships that I came forward. If there is one thing I can't stand it's a politician who is always using the name of Jesus, but is more than willing to lie, but unwilling to admit they were wrong. I can't stand it. Let judgement begin with the House of God.

Then he came up with a new story for the NWA Times. He says he voted for the bill because the people against it were being ugly and making "security threats" against the sponsor. That is about as stupid a reason as I have ever heard to vote for a bad bill. At least I thought I was done. If he would quit telling stories, I could quit reporting on it with a clean conscience.

But no! The spin continues. Yesterday in a Laura Kellums column he again asserted his moral superiority over those who were against the scholarships. He again claimed that was why he voted for a bill he was really against. Listen to the audio from last year and you will not hear that as a part of his rationale. Instead, he talks like a man who genuinely supported the bill. Mark Martin seems to be incapable of saying the words "I was wrong". Instead, he is willing to concoct all kinds of stories to not only rationalize his vote but also cast himself as morally superior to those who simply want to keep the government out of their pockets when it comes to paying for scholarships for illegal aliens.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your trashing of Martin is pathetic, Mark. Why would anyone want an uneducated man (Johnson-he said he has no degree) who can't speak for himself intelligibly to be their representative? You ought to finish up your concession speech.
I also think it's pathetic that Holt won't endorse Martin.

12:10 PM, November 03, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Holt didn't endorse Martin the first time in 2004, either. It just shows Holt has wisdom and can judge character.

Really, why would Holt- after running on a platform of anti-illegal immigration- turn around and endorse a man who voted for scholarships for the children of illegal aliens, Mark Martin?

You make no sense.

12:51 PM, November 03, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'll take a man who is not much of a talker but will at least be honest with me in what he does say over a man of great verbal dexterity that I can't trust any day.

3:32 PM, November 03, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

3:32 Then take him. And have fun. Because your is about the only vote he will get.

12:19 PM, November 05, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I don't live in that district, but I know several people who have already voted for Johnson.

6:31 AM, November 06, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home