Wednesday, September 09, 2009

Green Candidate for U.S. Senate Making Sense

The Mayor of Greenland, John Gray, announced that he will seek the Green Party nomination for the U.S. Senate seat currently held by Blanche Lincoln.

He acknowledges he has little chance, but I have to admit I like what I have heard of him so far. He wants the United States to withdraw from the World Trade Organization and the North American Free Trade Agreement. He says that artificial persons, corporations, are getting too powerful and should not have the same rights as real people. I can't find anything in that to disagree with. More from the Morning News.

Expect the defenders of the Old Left, the Max Brantley's and John Brummetts, to ignore or even attack him in an effort to herd lefty voters back on THEIR corporate reservation (the Democratic Party) even as the Rush Limbaughs and Gary Barton's do the same thing on the right.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Gary Barton?

2:02 PM, September 10, 2009  
Blogger Mark Moore (Moderator) said...

You know I meant David. I have been fighting a cold for days I guess it is showing.

2:58 PM, September 10, 2009  
Anonymous Rick said...

And what direction are you pulling Mark?

3:25 PM, September 10, 2009  
Blogger Mark Moore (Moderator) said...

I am extremely undecided.

As I am on the Candidate Evaluation Committee of the Benton County Tea Party I think it would be ill-advised to take a side this early anyway. We are in the process of drafting candidate surveys that we will give to each person in the race. The responses we get should go a long way toward who we get behind (but not the sole determinate as we like open processes).

I was just surprised that a Green Party candidate and I agreed on anything. Far left and far right come back around in a circle on some things I guess.

5:26 PM, September 10, 2009  

Post a Comment

<< Home