Saturday, December 22, 2007

Hendren for Romney in Iowa

More Arkansas Republicans in Iowa. ....

It has not gone without notice that the Hutchinson clan has disbursed their political endorsements around so that almost no matter who wins the nomination, they have a family foot in the door. The elder Hutchinson's support Mike Huckabee, the younger (who actually had to serve in the legislature with Huckabee as Governor) support Fred Thompson. Correct me if I am wrong, but I believe Donna supports Guiliani. And in-law Jim Hendren, house minority leader under Huckabee, has been doing recorded calls for Mitt Romney in Iowa.

The Iowa-based coolercaucus blogspot reports.....

"Jim Hendren, the Arkansas state House minority leader while Huckabee was governor, does the talking.

"I saw first-hand what Mike Huckabee did to our state," Hendren says, before ticking off the now-familiar shots at Huckabee's tax and spending record.

Then this coda: "I know Mike Huckabee -- that's why I'm supporting Mitt Romney.""

The blog also has what it claims are some big stories about Huckabee taking money from "stem cell research" companies, but on closer examination I don't think those charges are quite fair.

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I really don't think they are "disbursing their endorsements to keep the family foot in the door". Is it possible they have different thoughts on who to support?

I agree with Hendren that Huck is a tax and spend liberal and I believe left the RPA in shambles.
I'm not far from supporting Ron Paul. The first tier candidates aren't worth my trouble of going to the courthouse and voting.

5:49 PM, December 22, 2007  
Blogger Mark Moore (Moderator) said...

Sure, it is possible, I can't judge their hearts, I would not want to- just their actions and the practical effects thereof.

Jason will be delighted to know that you are willing to give his guy a fair hearing! He might want to send a guy up your way to make the case to your county committee. It's Batesville, right?

6:21 PM, December 22, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think folks in Iowa should know that Hendren sold out his own nephew who was running for Governor. Remember Hendren's glowing comments about Mike Beebe and the stink it caused Asa's campaign? With friends like Hendren...

6:40 PM, December 22, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mark,

Yes, it is Batesville, but I am no longer active in the local committee. Work has taken me out of the area.

I watched Paul on C-Span this morning. It was a recording from this past Wednesday in N.H.
I agree with many of his statements but he doesn't have a prayer and the top 4 stink.

What do you think about Tancredo throwing his support to Romney? Do you really believe Romney will be tough on illegal immigration?

7:54 PM, December 22, 2007  
Blogger Mark Moore (Moderator) said...

No. I think Romney will do what Romney has always done on the issue, and what the big-money folks (of whom he is one) want him to do.

I am totally baffled as to why Tancredo would back Romney.

6:34 AM, December 23, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mark,

It looks to me like Tancredo is part of the Republican establishment.

7:43 AM, December 23, 2007  
Blogger Mark Moore (Moderator) said...

Maybe Romney agreed to help pay off Tancs campaign debt.

8:32 AM, December 23, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Bay Buchanan, Tancredo's campaign manager before he quit the race, has now been hired by Willard. Quid quo pro?

10:10 AM, January 01, 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home