Saturday, July 14, 2012

Did I Mention I was Running to Serve in Public Office?


Did I mention that I was on the ballot to serve in the office of State Representative?  No.  Well, it's true.   Those of you who have enjoyed reading me complaining about it for years can now help me do something about it.   I am running as an Independent.  I'll answer only to the people who elect me, not party bosses.  Here is the link to my campaign website.    The district is small enough that I don't think a party label is necessary anyway.  Political parties are necessary for people who have aspirations for big offices, not citizens content to serve in the state legislature.

The website establishes a more complete 'feeling tone' about who I am than even years of reading Arkansas Watch might do.   And the donate button works well too, hint hint.  If you are an Arkansas resident, the first $50 of donations is free to you because of the Arkansas Political Contributions Tax Credit.   So if its a choice between giving it to the state government or giving it to the candidate of your choice, why not send it to the candidate?     If you have enjoyed this online space I set up, I invite you to help me win this race, which I should think would only make things even more interesting around here.




4 Comments:

Anonymous Cb said...

Mark, I'm proud of you!
How are we supposed to hold candidates accountable or even find out what they believe....... When they run unopposed in the primary AND the general???

7:33 AM, July 18, 2012  
Blogger Mark Moore (Moderator) said...

That's what I was wondering. We collected over 300 signatures to get me on the ballot and to my knowledge not one person knew there was an open seat or that the person who quietly filed for it would win without even an election if I had failed to make the ballot.

And thank you.

9:07 PM, July 18, 2012  
Anonymous Cb said...

Not being from your area, I am unfamiliar with Mrs. Scott. After multiple google searches and scouring the web I couldn't even find a website for her(why should she if unopposed!) and the only "why I'm running" or issue statement I could find was on an obscure profile that proclaimed, "Mrs. Scott says she will be an advocate for the elderly." OK.....
Two thoughts on that;
I am assuming there is a significant seasoned citizen population in your district and that statement was an attempt at pandering.
I also wondered, "What about the other demographics??" Since when do Republicans see people in groups? Unless I'm mistaken, the very definition of a representative is to be an advocate for EVERY citizen in your district!
Mark, I'm know you did not make this post to "bash" your opponent and so I will hush, but my findings(and lack of) just struck me.

9:46 AM, July 19, 2012  
Blogger Mark Moore (Moderator) said...

Yeah, It's not about her. I don't want to make any comment about her good or bad. I really don't know that whoever beats the other one isn't really doing them a favor!

2:18 PM, July 19, 2012  

Post a Comment

<< Home