Monday, February 09, 2009

Does TLC Hate the Duggars?


Josh and Anna Duggar at their Arkansas wedding reception.
********************************************

UPDATE!!!!

There is an unverified report that Jim Bob Duggar's father passed away today, from a long-term illness. Our thoughts and prayers are with the Duggars at this time.

********************************************
The Learning Channel has a show about Arkansas' large Duggar family, but is it trying to make them and their new in-laws (the Kellars) look bad? That is the accusation from Josh Duggar's new in-law, according to our source. The in-law is married to Anna's sister and was a groomsman in the wedding. Here are some eye-opening excerpts from his report.....
************************
"TLC did what media usually does: they twisted things to make them say what they wanted said. The supposed focus on sex (at least on the Kellers side) is NOTHING compared to what TLC has made it out to be. They want everyone to think this is what conservative fundies are focused on, but at least with the Keller family, this is the farthest thing from the truth. TLC has done a good job of using their show as a tool to change some things into UNreality."
*****************
"Just for the record: the whole Jim Bob/Josh sex talk on the day of the wedding was staged. Shawn and the camera crew told Jim Bob to get Josh and "have the talk." They said they "needed" to get it for the show. Yet more evidence of how the producer(s) are skewing this to focus it more on sex."
*****************
"The producers of the show did a fairly lousy job of revealing the reality of who the Kellers are. The interview where Dad Keller is talking about the wine/grape juice thing was about 45 minutes long. They only put two clips in it to make the dramatic statements that everyone wants to see. How do I know? I was sitting the sanctuary the whole time"
********************
"Why weren't we interviewed on the show? I despise the whole TLC thing. The producers asked my wife three times if they could interview her, and she refused each time. I told them point-blank that I didn't want to be on the show. Why were we in the wedding to begin with? Because we love Anna.
********************
"The assistant producer asked me to sign an optional waiver form so that they could use my name and not blur my face on the show, and he told me it was fully optional. I told him I didn't want to sign it if it was optional and he complied with my wishes. I thought I was off the hook. But then, when pictures were being taken before the wedding, the main producer (good ol' Shawn) confronted me on the platform in front of most of the wedding party (including Josh and Jim Bob) and the other 50 people sitting in the sanctuary. He told me (in a loud voice) that I had to sign the waiver. We got in an argument about it in front of everyone and When I refused because it was optional, he said that if I didn't, he wouldn't permit me to be in the wedding because he wasn't going to destroy his show over one person who didn't want to be on TV.

Jerk.

I signed the waiver to keep the peace in the family. However, this was evidence to me that the Duggars weren't in control of TLC. It is definitely the other way around.

Oh, and Shawn (because I know you read this forum), your assistant producer lied to me about my wife signing the waiver. He used that as a ploy to try to get me to sign it. She was never approached about signing it and you filmed her and used the footage without her authorization, which if I remember correctly, is AGAINST THE LAW."

12 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mark, I know this is off topic but are you going to cover Ron Paul's C4L Regional Conference in St. Louis next month?

6:42 AM, February 10, 2009  
Blogger Mark Moore (Moderator) said...

I had not planned on it. I have my doubts about their strategy to effect change, and at this point big doubts about whether the collapse of this country can be stopped even if we adopted the right polices tomorrow.

6:26 PM, February 10, 2009  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have been paying more attention to what Paul thinks about the way D.C. is handling the economic crisis. I agree with you collapse is where we are headed but the big question is how long do we have? I took the extra hit and cashed in my IRA last week. We are currently trying to decide what to do with my wife's IRA. Do you see the market rebounding a little this summer or is it going to continue sliding into the toilet? What are your thoughts?

6:44 AM, February 11, 2009  
Blogger Mark Moore (Moderator) said...

The "rebound" may be in numbers, but not in value. The stock market is measured in dollars. Once inflation kicks in the market will go "up" as measured in dollars, but the average of the DOW won't buy anymore gold or silver than it does now.

7:39 PM, February 17, 2009  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

If the children didn't do everything, I bet the Duggar's wouldn't have 18 children. This is "children" doing an "adult" jobs. It's pathetic and, to me, a form of child abuse.

5:53 AM, June 23, 2009  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just to clarify signing a waiver is optional! A church is a public place and you can be filmed in ANY public place without your permission.

5:19 PM, October 12, 2009  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

June 23rd comment... I do not appreciate your comment. How rude of you to be judging this family. Jim Bob and Michelle are doing an excellent job raising children that know how to work and take care of themselves as well as others. They are more prepared for this life than most kids that leave home at 18. In a world where we have a "me me me generation", and want something for nothing, the Duggars are helping their children to be useful members of society. Children should be taught to work. What a world we live in where some children think they should have something for nothing and only care for themselves. We should all be so lucky to raise good, decent, wholesome and productive children as the Duggars have. I thank them for their parenting skills... and am inspired by them.

I would hope that you would watch every show, and see if you feel the same way. They are the epitome of a good family... full of love and service to others. What is our purpose in life, if not to love and serve one another? I say "thank you" Duggars.

9:23 PM, October 20, 2009  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

stop bein a big baby your just jealous because you arent makin any money of the duggars and dont say they do it for the money they do it for there kids i love there show even if it is staged its decent and my kids can watch you cant even say that about todays cartoons get over yourself

5:46 PM, February 06, 2010  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think the family is terribly sad. They have robbed their children of their childhood's, of being special and the focus of parental love. I cringe at the mere thought of them and purposely avoid watching their show or purchasing any periodical that has them included in their pages.

6:43 PM, February 14, 2010  
Blogger Janet said...

I from what I've seen and 've watched the Duggars from the beginning....I like them.They seem like good people.And please let's not start the Oh the poor children crap...The Duggar children are kind,nice,polite,seem intellignt,can take care of a household"Chores",help with siblings,and are dependable..my my they don't wear skirts to their woohoo the girls and chase girls the boys doing drugs stealing lying oh yes they are just the bottom apples right????!!!!!
COME ON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Leave It Alone.
They are trying to save their baby girl.They are decent people.They haven't ask anyone for anything.And I don't care to hear anyone say anything bad about these people.They have Faith and Family in their hearts and have actually read the Bible.
It is the weak who try to take shot at the strong.They are doing a show....Ok...so what I find it a learning show.I like them and the kids.The Duggar kids aren't wondering if they are pregnant or drinking and making a fool....like most reality shows.Go Duggars!
Love Everyone!

8:46 AM, February 18, 2010  
Anonymous اليوم السابع said...

Did you draw the mistletoe- or is it a decoration? I don't think that I could ever draw that free hand in icing.

8:49 AM, March 08, 2011  
Anonymous helen said...

I like watching the show because they're christian people I like how they interact with their kids.

2:57 PM, November 05, 2011  

Post a Comment

<< Home