Wednesday, May 20, 2009

I Can't Believe I'm Writing This



There is no television in the Moore home. However we had dinner at Mom's last night and she is a big American Idol fan. Since the story had an Arkansas angle, what with Conway's Kris Allen as one of the two finalists, I watched most of it.

My opinion's on this are no more informed than anybody else's, but here is my take (feel free to add yours).

1. Adam had a slightly better voice in the first round but Simeon was right, the theatrics did not have the same good feeling tone as Kris. Both were amazing. Score it either 10-10 or 10-9 Kris.

2. Adam won this round, Kris was really good but too flat or something. Again, I found myself agreeing with Simeon. He kind of reminds me of me- sometimes tactless and the only excuse he can offer is that it is the truth. Score it 10-9 or even 10-8 Adam. He really was that strong on it.

3. Kris won this round. Adam tried to do too much and a few of the notes ended a bit ragged. Score it 10-9 Kris.

Overall the score was tied, or even Adam was up a tiny bit based on margin of victory. Still, that third song was not only the last round, but both were singing their interpretation of the same song. That was the closest thing to a head-to-head and it was the song Kris most showed his superiority one.

For no extra charge: I would be happy to listen to a whole album of Kris right now. Maybe Adam has more range of style than he could show in that setting, but I would tire of listening to a whole album of what I heard last night, even if I would be awestruck by the first few songs. Also, the new judge gets too much caffeine.

Congratulations to Kris Allen, my winner. Later today we can see what American says.

There, I'm over it now.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can't believe you wrote it either...

11:54 AM, May 20, 2009  
Blogger Mark Moore (Moderator) said...

America says Kris Allen won, but Arkansas may have stuffed America's ballot box just a bit. 38% of the votes came from our state, which has 2% of the population!

It pays to have a "base".

8:29 PM, May 20, 2009  
Anonymous Rick said...

Mark,

For what its worth here is my take. The last song that both sang was better suited for Adam but like you if I had to sit and listen through a whole album it would be Kris not Adam. I compare Adam's voice to a Vince Neil "Motley Crue" and Kris to a Barry Manilow. At age 49 I prefer Barry Manilow!

10:39 AM, May 21, 2009  
Anonymous c.b. said...

Mark,
Is it even possible for 38% of the votes to come from Arkansas??
That didn't sound right so I did a quick check: The population in Arkansas is less than 3 million, while Idol had over 100 million votes cast.
Oh, and thats the TOTAL population..... I didn't vote did you? I didn't even know there was a finalist from Arkansas til I read it on Drudge last night! And that is something I'm proud of! LOL

5:32 AM, May 22, 2009  
Blogger Mark Moore (Moderator) said...

On the other hand I know a 40 year old man who texted in hundreds of votes for Allen over the course of three hours.

4:28 PM, May 22, 2009  

Post a Comment

<< Home