Friday, November 06, 2009

I Got Polled Last Night, I Believe By Lincoln


I got polled last night. The questioner was a young lady with a Hispanic accent who in the final round of questions asked me if I had any Hispanics in my immediate family.

Much of the questioning was on health care. Some of it was on my political preferences. Senators Hendren and Baker were the only two mentioned by name. A small segment of the poll was a "push poll". It went something like, "if you knew that this health care plan would insure quality health care for all Americans without spending any more money, and make you better looking, and revitalize your love life, would you be more inclined to support the plan?"

I said "no".

Right in the middle they asked a question that got me thinking. "Regardless of whether you support or oppose the plan, do you agree that the Senators ought to vote for or against the plan?" I said "no" and here is why. This is going to be used by Sen. Lincoln to justify her vote for cloture. That is, to end debate on the plan and force a vote. She is going to say "I polled the people of this state and most of them, whether or not they support the plan, feel like the Senate ought to have a vote on it. I supported a vote, not the plan".

It takes 60 votes for cloture. That is the key vote. Once they cut off debate they can approve the plan with a simple majority of whacked out leftist elitist Senators. A few southern senators who sometimes pose as so-called "moderates" and who are up for election, such as Lincoln, can vote against the final plan knowing that the plan will still pass. The key vote is cloture and everyone in Washington knows it. A vote to end debate is a vote for Obamacare. After seeing government housing, I'll pass on government health care!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Jason Tolbert said...

Good call, Mark. I think you are right. Let's see if the DSCC starts pushing this one out.

7:22 PM, November 09, 2009  

Post a Comment

<< Home