Senate Race News
*Stanley Reed is out only eight days after jumping in. He cites health reasons. I can testify that the business is extremely stressful.
*Jim Holt will return the number of candidates seeking the nomination to eight as he is now widely expected to announce at two big fundraisers to be held December 29th.
* Conrad Reynolds loses a Campaign Director, as K. Ryan James announces his resignation. There was no hint of friction. The explanation could be as simple as Reynolds is likely out of money to make payroll.
* Kim Hendren ponies up. He loans his campaign $200,000 out of his personal fortune. He will burn through that quickly with the expensive campaign pros that he hired out of Oklahoma.
* Gilbert Baker starts spending. He has talked about how much he can raise. Now he is using it to robocall and send out fliers. This after the SEIU inexplicably paid for attack ads against him.
* The SEIU is also paying off the massive campaign debt of Lt. Governor Bill Halter. I continue to theorize that Halter is preparing to jump in the Democratic primary against Blanche Lincoln.
* Bill Clinton backs Blanche. Halter's former boss does not seem to care for him much. Clinton has asked everyone to see that Blanche gets re-elected. Right. By now she is so unpopular she would lose to anyone who does not practice cannibalism. On TV.