Monday, December 13, 2010

"Justice" Breyer Says Founders Would Have Allowed Gun Control

Supreme Court Justice Stephen Breyer, in an impressive display of illogic, contended that the Founders would have allowed further restrictions on firearms.

He reasons that Founding Father James Madison was more worried that the Constitution may not be ratified than he was about granting individuals the right to bear arms.

Madison "was worried about opponents who would think Congress would call up state militias and nationalize" said Breyer.

Madison's priority was to get the states to sign up for the bill of rights to prevent an new constitutional convention from undoing the original. Therefore, Madison included the Second Amendment to appease the states, Breyer told FOX new's Chris Wallace.

In Breyer's view, since Madison only wanted it in there because that was necessary to keep the states on board, it somehow justifies ignoring the 2nd when "circumstances change."

I don't think I'd want to do business with a guy like Breyer. Say he wants to rent a car from me this week end. We agree to a price, but I insist that he pay 50 cents a mile for all travel over 100 miles. He does not want that clause, but I won't rent him the car without it, so he agrees to the deal.

By Breyer's reasoning, if something comes up that he did not anticipate, he can drive the car as far as he wants without paying extra. Somehow, he thinks that since he only agreed to it because he couldn't get me to sign the contract without it, then he doesn't really have to honor it "if circumstances change." "Sure I broke my word, but I never wanted to give that word, I only did it because that's what I had to say to rope you into the deal." Does that sound like an honorable position to you?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home