Saturday, July 29, 2017

Conduit's Calvin Coolidge Contenders

Conduit for Action recently announced their "Calvin Coolidge Awards" for the best bills and legislators. I guess Conduit for Action likes Coolidge because government didn't do much during his tenure and Coolidge defined that as "success." I am a bit more partial to Grover Cleveland but I get it.

At any rate, I am not sure I agree that every bill on their list is a good bill. For example their "School Choice" bill had some very interesting financial dots that could be connected into something really awful. Still there were a lot of very good bills on that list and a lot of the legislators they recognized as doing a great job were the ones which I also noticed were thinking independently and making good choices. I also like the idea that a local group, not funded by DC money or a front for a specific corporate interest, is out there giving awards to legislators. Its something we need more of, not less.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home